Fremont Area Big Give: Terms of Service
As a nonprofit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner in the Fremont Area Big Give, it is required that you agree with the following Terms of Service which sets forth the services and duties provided by the Fremont Area Big Give and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is or is being fiscally sponsored by a current 501(c)(3) public charity as recognized by the IRS (only one organization per tax identification number is eligible to participate), and will provide our EIN number, contact info, and a representative’s information for verification.
- I confirm that my organization has a visible presence and provides services that directly impact the Fremont/Dodge County area, is governed by a body such as a board of directors, board of trustees, etc. and that funds raised during the Fremont Area Big Give will be used for services in the Fremont/Dodge County area.
- I confirm that my organization will be in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations including, but not limited to, the USA Patriot Act and all applicable anti-terrorist financing and asset control laws.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donations will be disbursed within 10 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees.
- I understand to receive donations it is my organization's responsibility to provide a checking account that is eligible to receive ACH transfers from GiveGab’s GG Pay. In the case that the bank account we supplied is unable to receive the transfer, and GiveGab has not heard from our organization in over 60 days, the donations will be refunded back to the donor.
- I understand that as the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorize) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to the Fremont Area Big Give to the campaign to create a sense of community-wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that the Fremont Area Big Give is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that the Fremont Area Big Give has no control of this process.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, and volunteers should promote the Fremont Area Big Give over the course of the event using social media. Any paid promotional methods utilized by the participating organization are solely at the participating organization’s discretion and expense.
- I understand that only donations made through the Fremont Area Big Give portal will count towards any prizes and incentives offered as part of the event. I understand that prize winners chosen on the day are subject to further verification and may be finalized after the event.
- I understand that donations are 100% tax deductible, and that no goods or services may be exchanged for donations or as payment for “quid pro quo” items such as: memberships, gift items, raffles, auction items, tickets or any other activity that provides benefit to the donor.
- I understand that in the event of a disputed donation GiveGab will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my organization's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, the full amount of the disputed donation and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s bank account, and my organization will be charged a $15 dispute fee.
- I understand that refunds for donations made on GiveGab must be approved by an administrator from my organization and requested from GiveGab within 4 business days of the original date of the donation. If approved, the full amount of the requested refund and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s balance. Any donation refund request made outside of the 4 business day refund window must be handled outside of the GiveGab platform between my organization and the donor directly.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspapers, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in the Fremont Area Big Give.
- I understand that the Fremont Area Community Foundation has final discretion in approving organizations for participation. For questions regarding eligibility please contact the Fremont Area Community Foundation at 402-721-4252.